School Libraries As Multimedia Learning centres In-service Training
|Home Partners Courses About Slamit Fronter|
|Course 2008 - Information- Program - Participants -Organizers and Speakers - Documents - Pre-registration|
SLAMIT Course 2008:
SCHOOL LIBRARIES AS LEARNING CENTRES
Lifelong learning - School Libraries and Regional Education Centres supporting learning in the community
BackgroundThe two previous Minerva projects, SLAM and the GrandSLAM,
together demonstrated that the school library, as a multimedia
and learning discovery centres, staffed with media specialists, ICT teachers and specialist teacher school librarians, could become an essential focus within curriculum planning and a central beacon promoting new learning styles and new processes within the institutions.
ObjectivesThe SLAMIT courses will disseminate and spread the experiences of SLAM and GrandSLAM, together with that of recognised centres of excellence across Europe, using tools and learning materials from the projects through workshops, practical work, lectures and group works, presentation and debate, concentrated and in-depth introduction to management of school libraries and the use of information literacy and multimedia systems.
The third SLAMIT course intends to contribute to escalating and accelerating the establishment and development of regional and local learning centers in the primary and secondary schools. Learning centres are important catalysts for promoting the introduction of new learning styles and methods and for the use of ICT in schools.
Key elements:• Inform about the SLAM and GrandSLAM projects.
• Demonstrating and sharing the best practice between SLAM/GrandSLAM partners and the course participants.
• Foster a sense of community among school librarians in all parts of Europe.
• Exchange of professional and cultural experiences among course participants.
• Encourage course participants to include the European and international dimension in their future projects and actions plans for their local school libraries.
• Inspire to individual or team based reflective projects and action plans undertaken by the course participants – with particular emphasis on developing action plans for implementation within home schools and developed at the conference in partnership with experienced mentors.
|Copyright © 2006 www.karmoyped.no - All Rights Reserved.|