Draft Program pdf)
- Key note speaker: Dr. Ross Todd, Rutgers University NJ USA ‘School
Libraries - preferred futures’
- Ice-breaker activities.
- An overview of SLAM/GrandSLAM activities, experiences and outcomes.
- Introduction to the educational system of the host country.
- Socrates Comenius - European cooperation on school education.
- How do I identify learning styles?
- A new structure for a new millennium - The student centered classroom
- Local and regional resource centres - supporting the school librarians
- Information literacy - search strategies in the school library
- School libraries improvement planning - a practical workshop
- Best Practice in Europe -
workshops/seminars/lectures based on Slam and GrandSlam activities.
SLAMIT marketplace – an opportunity for delegates to present and
share own experiences and details of home institutions.
Plenary session – questions and answers with Board members and
invited guests/speakers – report back on action planning by delegates.